Friday, September 17, 2010

Alex's new Thomas the Train blanket

Just before Dan left we purchased Alex a new "big boy" bedroom set.  We still have a night stand on order and I have a few other things left from the nursery that I plan to change out.  Since all his adorable train crib bedding could no longer be used, I felt compelled to find something with a train theme to put back in his room without buying the Thomas bedding.  We wanted non themed bedding since children seem to go through phases.  I found this Thomas fleece print and knew it would be the perfect addition; especially since he will not sleep with the bedding on him and we have been just placing one of his favorite blankets over him at bedtime.  This was a no-sew project that I swear took 4x as long as it would have if I had just sewn it, but I don't think it would not have looked as cute.  It was a challenge to get this finished when you have an impatient toddler pulling at it, sitting on it, and hiding under it in an attempt to get it from me.  He loves this blanket and it comes down with him every morning.  Next I plan to make matching throw pillows out of the left over fabric.  
Alex's new big boy bedroom


No comments:

Post a Comment