Monday, October 25, 2010

Is it a girl or a boy?

Friday was the day Dan and I have been so anxious for; it's the day that I had my ultrasound to determine if we were having a boy or a girl.  This whole week has been a crazy one with work deadlines and some unfortunate news in the family dealing with my father-in-law's health, so I really have not had a chance to get too excited before hand.  I dropped Alex off at school and headed over to the hospital.  I got checked in and received a call from Dan who was checking to see that everything was on schedule and when to call back to get the results.  Shortly after they got me ready the tech began with the brain, and then moved to the heart; deep down I wanted to tell him enough already, tell me what we are having!  I knew they had a progression of measurements, etc that they needed, so I tried my hardest to have patience.  Finally he got down to the legs and positioned a perfect bottom up view.  I was looking at two legs sitting indian style and a set of buttocks with nothing inbetween.  The tech said, "I think we have a girl."  I said, "are you sure, you sure it isn't just hiding."  He told me that he was going to move around and get some more measurements and he will come back for another look, but he was pretty confident based on her positioning that it was in fact a girl.  I was so giddy with excitement and so wanted to be sharing this with Dan.  I think he checked another 3 times for me just to make sure.  I am thrilled that we are having a little girl and was anxious to share the news with Dan.  After the appointment was done, I eventually got a call from Dan to share the news.  I am still a bit in disbelief that we are actually having a girl!




This weekend was supposed to be a cold, wet, and blustery weekend.  Saturday, Alex had a Fall Festival party at his school.  They had pumpkin carving, face painting, and art tables set up.  Alex dressed up in his Halloween costume, a flight suit that Dan recently sent him.  He got so many oohs and aahs from teachers as well as parents.  He was definitely adorable!  Despite the fact that the party was right during nap time, he had a really fun time.  What toddler wouldn't love stickers, drawing, stamps, and playdough?
Our little navigator.
Face Painting time; so serious and so still.

 Yeah, playdough time! 
 "What are you?"  Teletubby.  Tele who?


 Making a Halloween door hanger.
 Yummy pumpkin spice doughnuts.
 How much chocolate can I get on my face?

Sunday was a pretty uneventful day.  It rained all Saturday night and continued into the morning and the wind had really kicked up.  After church, we went to JoAnn's to start my search for the perfect little girl nursery fabrics.  Alex was having no part of this, so this trip was short lived.  The rest of the day was spent napping, doing laundry, and cleaning the house; not much to write about.

Dan, we really miss you and hope you get our care packages soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment