Sunday, August 15, 2010

My baby boy turns 2!

It's so hard to believe that my baby boy is now 2 years old today!  Time flies by so fast and he amazes us and inspires us each and every day.  Dan and I are truly blessed to have such a sweet and loving little boy!  I found this quote that I find to be so true:

God made a world out of his dreams, of magic mountains, oceans and streams, prairies and plains and wooded land.  Then paused and thought I need someone to stand, on top of the mountains, to conquer the seas, explore the plains and climb the trees. Someone to start out small and grow, sturdy and strong like a tree and so he created boys, full of spirit and fun to explore and conquer, to romp and run with dirty faces, and banged up chins, with courageous hearts and boyish grins. And when he had completed the task he'd begun, he surely said, "That's a job well done." Author unknown 



Friday I went to his school and brought him cupcakes and balloons. He was so excited to get to share them with everyone. When I arrived they had been finger painting and of course, my Alex is such a messy little guy. Thank goodness it is washable!

Sunday, his official birthday was really low-key, because you see we found out a few days ago that we would be having a very unexpected yet enormously special guest coming to town on Tuesday.  Daddy will be coming home for a few weeks!  What can I say, the ship's schedule can change with the drop of a hat and some plans changed that allowed them to come to port between training and deployment.  Alex is going to be completely surprised!  

So today Alex and I went to the splashpad and park for a bar-b-que with some of his classmates.  Two of his favorite buddies, Griffin and Cole, were there.  After a little nudge from Mama, they were running through the splash pad like a bunch of crazy boys.  They had such a fun time!  Tuesday we have a nice dinner planned and presents to open to celebrate his birthday with Daddy.

Griffin, Alex, and Cole

Alex and Cole

Alex and Cole being silly.


Trying to decide if they are going to go into the splash pad.






No comments:

Post a Comment