Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pre-Thanksgiving Weekend

The weather her is definitely getting colder!  Temps are in the 30's with highs in the 40's.  I think the pregnancy is keeping me from feeling too terribly cold; the thermometer says 37 but it feels like 57 to me.  I have to keep that in mind when dressing Alex and make sure he is dressed warm enough.  Snow was predicted starting Friday night, but by Saturday morning we had none and it was absolutely gorgeous!


Too bad I spent the morning baking my family favorite "Granny Taylor" hot rolls for the officer spouses Thanksgiving potluck lunch that afternoon.  They sure turned out good and were a hit at the lunch, though!  The lunch was really nice and Alex had a lot of fun playing with all the other little boys that were there.  I enjoyed talking with the adults while the kiddos entertained themselves; something that is very precious to all the wives while the guys are deployed.
Ok, I hate pregnancy photos of myself, 
but everyone has been requesting them, 
so here you go.  Can you tell she is 
getting BIG and boy oh boy does she move!


Sunday morning we got a call from Dan; a great way to start the morning off.  After getting off the phone, I realized that it had started snowing.  It was short lived and melted shortly after, but it was really nice while it lasted!  I don't mind some snow, it's the ice that I despise.  I got some pics of the snow falling in front of the house, but by the time we were ready to go out and play in it, the snow was gone.  I have been told that this is supposed to be a COLD winter, so I am sure I will get another chance to get some of Alex playing in it.


We finished the day off with a birthday party for another spouse's 1yr old son.  Several of the wives that were at Saturday's lunch were at the birthday party, so it was a nice continuation of conversation.  By Sunday evening, the temps had dropped into the mid 30's again and were supposed to continue to drop to below freezing, so when we got home I decided it was time to shut off the water to the exterior faucets and wrap them.  Alex enjoyed watching the moon (full moon) while I did the work.  He has become fascinated with seeing the moon and loves the fact that the sun sets by 5pm and he can see it before going to bed.  I, on the other hand, hate that the sun starts to set at 4:30 and it makes you feel like you just lost about 2hrs of your day.

Alex being silly after we came in from winterizing the pipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment