Monday, July 26, 2010

Alex is going to be a big brother!

Today was a truly amazing day.  Two days before Dan deployed we found out that I was pregnant.  Both of us were excited yet so cautiously optimistic since just the month prior I had experienced a miscarriage.  We had not even planned to get pregnant this time because of the month prior, but God had his own plans for us!  We were both on pins and needles wondering if this pregnancy was going to be viable.  Today I had my first ultrasound and at only 6 weeks and 1 day we could already detect a healthy heartbeat.  My nervouos and fluttering stomach quickly disappeared and my eyes welled up with tears of joy.  Dan, unable to be with me, I am sure was just as nervous as I.  The baby's due date is March 20th.  We are praying that there is a way for him to get back in time for the birth; it will be tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment