Sunday, July 18, 2010

Our first weekend and a busy one at that

This was our first weekend without Dan with us.  I introduced Alex to Daddy's prerecorded story time.  This was such a big hit with him that he was kissing the monitor and incessantly waving and saying "hi dada"; the rest of the weekend he did not let me forget that he gets to have story time with Dada before bed.

Alex and I went to the park along with some of the other Navy wives and children.  The wives stayed busy making deployment calendars for the wardroom aboard the ship while the little ones played on the playground.  It was a beautiful afternoon and fun and productive one as well.  We spent Saturday evening over at a good friend's house.  Alex had a blast playing with Juliette's (Juju) lawnmower and playing with playdoe on the back deck. It was really nice having a chance to talk with another adult; things can feel so isolated at times.  Sunday was a beautiful day as well (something you don't always get a chance to say when living in the PNW), but I had errands to run including getting gifts for Alex's upcoming 2nd birthday!  I truly can't believe that my little baby is almost 2yrs old!  He was a real trooper putting up with all the shopping.  I am sure the hotwheels car I bought him and the chicken nuggets, apples, and goldfish I packed for him helped him make it through it.  He was such a little chatterbox today; I don't think he stopped talking the entire 3 hrs that we were out running errands.  Needless to say, he crashed upon arriving home.  We hope the next week will go by smoothly and that we will get to talk to Dan soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment