Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Arctic Blast brings Snow and Ice

It's Monday morning and Thanksgiving is only days away.  I am in my office at my desk watching the first snow flakes beginning to fall.  Alex is at school and I am wondering what he is thinking as he sees these first flakes beginning to fall from his classroom window.  What I thought was just going to be a light fall of snow is now being predicted to be heavy snow fall with temperatures as low as the teens.  By late morning the flurries pick up and all I see is a sheet of white from the window.

I left a little early to pick Alex up from school as the roads were starting to look a little icy and the snow fall was heavy.  The evening reports were showing commuters into Seattle stuck in miles and miles of backups due to icy roads and accidents throughout.  I am so glad that Alex and I are in the comfort of our home.

I woke up Tuesday to find 3"-5" of snow.  The roads in our neighborhood are steep and covered with a mixture of ice and snow.  I decided to keep Alex at home since the steep drive out of the neighborhood appeared too much for this inexperienced driver.  Alex was fine with that and spent the morning watching movies and staring out at all the snow.  Just before lunch I took a break from work and bundled us both up for some fun in the snow.  I rigged up one of our laundry baskets to act as a sled for Alex.  He had soooo much fun!





I have tomorrow through Friday off from work and I am hoping that they clear the neighborhood roads so that I can get out and run some errands before Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment