Saturday, November 27, 2010

Turkey Day

I awoke this morning wondering if we were going to make it out of the house.  The snow was coming down nonstop.  I went ahead with my Thanksgiving dinner preparations since it was supposed to stop snowing by afternoon.  Alex and I were going to have dinner at another Navy wife's house.  Since it was supposed to warm up a bit but then dip below freezing at night, we made plans to sleep over if necessary; the roads from our house to hers are pretty steep and scary at night if there is ice on the road.

By noon the snow had stopped and things were beginning to look like we just might be able to get out for dinner.  I was so happy; the thought of spending Thanksgiving alone at home was starting to look a little depressing.  We made it to our friend's house without any trouble and had a wonderful dinner followed by great conversation and the kids having fun playing.  Alex loves playing with Juliette "Juju" and they enjoyed playing in her kitchen and playhouse.

The evening was finished off with a wonderful football game of TAMU vs TU.  A&M kicked some butt as expected; I definitely see a bowl game in their future.  I wonder which one?  Cotton Bowl would be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment