Sunday, October 3, 2010

First Kicks

This weekend was a pretty uneventful one.  Friday night and Saturday morning I spent making a gift for a COW party that I was attending on Saturday evening with other military spouses.  COW stands for Commanding Officer's Wife and a party is usually thrown after a change of command to welcome the new COW and present her with cow themed gifts (most are just gag gifts).  I was making a cow print basket filled with a cow print wine bag (with a bottle of wine, of course), a cow print decorated christmas ornament, and cow pies (aka turtles).  Alex was such a good little boy Saturday morning in letting me finish up this project and in turn I let him watch Saturday morning cartoons.  Cartoons are something we do not watch in this house; he stays so occupied with his books, art projects, and toys that there really is no need for them.  He does get to watch some Thomas videos every so often and his attention is usually only about 20 minutes or so before he takes off to do something else.




After finishing up the projects and having lunch, Alex and I both laid down for a nap.  I have noticed that I have a lot more energy than I did in my first trimester, but by afternoon time I am ready to be rejuvenated.  I had just woken up and was just laying on the couch for a bit before getting Alex up when I felt it.  I felt three to four little pops and I was thinking to myself, "could this be it?"  Then before I could get my hand to my abdomen to try and feel it, I felt another three to four little pops and then it was gone.  I was thinking to myself that there were way too many of them to be confused with gas, but they felt more like popcorn popping than the butterflies that I felt with Alex.  I was completely excited with the thought that I had finally felt this baby moving.  It just makes the pregnancy seem so much more real.  I kept waiting all weekend to feel it again and only felt a few little pops Sunday morning.  I have my 17 week appt on Friday and I can't wait to hear that heart beat again and to schedule my ultrasound.  Just a few more weeks and I will get to find out what we are having.  I am so excited!

Saturday evening I took Alex to The Nest while I joined the girls for a fun night out at Alligator Soul.  It was a fun evening despite the fact that I couldn't partake in the happy hour drinks.  The food was ok, but then again growing up in Texas and having my fair share of really good creole style cuisine, my expectations are high.  I don't think I will ever find a bar-b-que or creole restaurant in Washington state that will even compare to the food back home.  None the less, it was a good time had and Alex had a blast at The Nest.

We got home late and were greeted by a call from Daddy; a perfect ending to a long night and the perfect way for Alex to fall asleep listening to Daddy talk.  It was nearly 10pm when Alex fell asleep, so undoubtedly, he was going to sleep in Sunday morning and wasn't about to awaken him.  After he got up, I started making Pumpkin Pancakes.  They don't have a strong pumpkin taste (it's more of a nutmeg and cinnamon flavor) and Alex and I both love them; especially with some butter and syrup on them.  Yummy!  After breakfast we headed out to the outlet mall to get Alex clothed for the fall weather that was already moving in.  I had coupons expiring today and there were great sales to be had.  I am hoping this next week speeds by quickly; I am so anxious for Friday to be here already!

No comments:

Post a Comment