Saturday, September 25, 2010

Alex's new haircut and a trip to Flower World

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day; the sun was shining and the temps got up into the high 60s but felt like the 70s in the sun.  I decided that Alex was long overdue for a haircut and this time we were going to try to use the clippers to get a closer cut; he has thrown a fit in the past.  He did fantastic and just sat there giggling saying "it tickles."  It is amazing how quickly they grow and how things that once scared them are no longer a big deal.  It is amazing to see how much he understands now when you explain things and how well he can follow directions.  The stylist even put a little gel in his hair and spiked his hair up a bit.  I think it is absolutely adorable.  He looks like a different boy with his hair cut short.


After his haircut we went to Flower World in Maltby. They have an enormous plant selection, a humungous fully landscaped property with a pond and animals to look at.  I wanted to find a nice size mum for a planter in the front of the house.  Alex had so much fun browsing through all the plants, playing with the rocks, and dipping his feet in the pond (with shoes on, Momma was not so happy about that part).



After purchasing my mum, we headed down to the pond where all the animals were.  The geese were a bit aggressive and I had to protect Alex from them; he thought they were funny and would walk towards them as they appeared to be charging him.  I was afraid one would snap at him.  They apparently get fed a lot by visitors and were a bit perturbed that we did not have any bread to give them other than the slice that another lady gave us to give to them.  They had chickens, some very old peacocks, and some goats.  Alex really liked the chickens as they would run up right by you and follow you everywhere.  


I had hoped to get more pictures, but I did not realize that my battery was just about out before I left the house.  I can't get over how beautiful the weather was today and hope that tomorrow is just as nice.  

Dan, thank you for the pics you sent today.  Alex loved it so much!  We miss you and love you!






No comments:

Post a Comment