Sunday, September 12, 2010

Touch A Truck

Today there was an event called Touch A Truck put on my the city of Marysville.  They had firetrucks, police car, police motorcycle, SWAT van, CSI van, Garbage truck, Tractor, and a backhoe for everyone to get a chance to look at, touch, and sit in.  I knew this would be such a hit with Alex.  We got there right at 10am when they open and hopped immediately onto a tractor ride that took us around the field.  This was a great start since it let Alex get to see everything that was there.  



Our first stop after the train ride was to see the fire trucks.  Alex was in complete awe.  They had little fireman's hats to wear.  It took a little coaxing, but once I got it on him, there was not getting it off.  



After the firetrucks, we headed over to the police car and motorcycle.  He was not so interested in the car as he was the motorcycle.

Our last stop was to see the tractor.  It was so high up there that being pregnant, I was really uneasy about carrying him up the ladder so he could sit in it, but I knew he so desperately wanted to sit in it.  A father of another little boy asked if I would mind letting him put him up in there.  He was so nice, he had his little boy share the seat with Alex and held onto him to make sure he didn't slide off.  Alex was so happy and so was I; I was really afraid that a tantrum would have resulted had he not gotten to sit in it.  
I so wished that Dan was able to be there today.  I felt like I was stealing this experience away from him since this is such a Daddy type of event.  I am grateful that Alex enjoyed himself so much and that I was able to share this day with him.  Hopefully, they will have this same event or something similar next year while he is back. 

Alex could not stop talking about the firetruck and tractor.  He wore that fireman's hat the rest of the weekend.  If I had let him, he would have worn it in the bath and taken with him to bed.  I think I am going to need to find him a fireman's costume for Halloween!


Dan, we miss you and love you so much!











No comments:

Post a Comment